Many people following a weight loss regimen lose a few pounds quickly. While they are still basking under elation due to this initial fall in the numbers shown on the scale, soon they reach a plateau or result become more hit or miss. If you don’t want to fall into the trap of yo-yo dieting and fluctuating scales, set your aim on fat loss and not on weight loss.
When you aim on only weight loss that is manifested in the form of lower numbers on the scale, you are not aiming for health. The initial loss shown on the scales in always water loss, and it is reversible. It won’t be wrong to say that such weight loss is fake. If you want an irreversible loss in weight, you must modify your diet and exercise regime in a way that facilitates fat loss.
Fat loss lowers blood cholesterol levels, reduces visceral fat, promotes inch loss, increases stamina, and promotes overall health. When you lose body fat, you will become more active, strong, and alert than when you lose water. Water loss reduces your energy and ability to remain engaged or focused over long periods of time.
Not only water but the crucial muscle mass is also lost while dieting. This makes you look flabby, shrivelled, and unhealthy. You should aim to increase your muscle mass this may ultimately alter the numbers on your scale. When you perform resistance or strength training exercises you will build muscle, which consequently spikes your metabolism so you’ll burn more calories during your workout, and at rest.
Having high muscle mass makes you look toned and athletic which most people desire. Every girl fancies well-toned flat abs, firm biceps, and taut calves. Every guy wants to flash a six-pack athletic body and a bulky arm musculature to flaunt his strength.
6 How to Lose Fat and Keep it OFF Tips:
1. Increase Protein Intake as it is heavy and has high satiety value. Protein keeps you full longer and fuels muscle growth and repair. Incorporate more of eggs, whey, lean meat, soybeans, tofu, and milk in your diet. An increased muscle mass has high BMR, and hence burns more of fat.
2. Eat Healthy Fats like the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Great sources of these healthy fats are walnuts, olives, and almonds. These fats also help normalize your blood lipid levels.
3. Use Fat Binders to reduce weight quickly. These bind the fat from your body and form a capsule that is excreted through the body. This is especially good for those who cannot help but be tempted to indulge in fatty foods. Clinical studies have shown that use of fat binders helps you lose weight thrice as much as you can do with diet or exercise alone. This product is safe, and you will see the difference within 4 weeks. Natural fat binders that you can include in your diet are apples, oatmeal, bran cereals, broccoli, mustard greens, green beans, etc. These are high in fibre content and thus have fat-binding properties.
4. Go for Strength Training. Strength training builds muscle mass and facilitates quick weight loss. As per studies published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, muscles burn 3 times more calories than fat.
5. Consume Carbs Post-exercise. As per studies, this doubles the rate of fat burning than consuming carbs prior to a work-out session.
6. Beware of Hidden Fats in Foods. Make sure there are no hidden or saturated fats in foods. Foods labelled as fat-free are not always so.
So, carve out a diet and exercise program that causes fat loss and not mere reduction in weight as seen on scales.
About the Author: Roger Jennings is a Freelance Writer and likes to write on Fitness and Weight Loss and has come across the XLS Medical Fat Binder, which he thinks is the most convenient way that most people choose when they want to lose Fat quickly.